Bring out the beast! Ha!! “Everyone wants to be a beast…until it’s time to be a beast!” We spend way too much time talking and not enough time acting. We make declarations about what we want to achieve, but neglect to step outside of our comfort zone and do the work. We’re too busy screaming—I am an overcomer, I am a beast, I am going to start my own business. However, when it comes to actually putting in the work, we quickly change our minds and fall back into the convenience of our daily lives.
Why???? Some of us just don’t want to do it—too lazy and too comfortable. It requires way too much effort to work that hard without a definitive guarantee. So, they play it safe and choose not to rock the boat. Others have a hard time truly imagining themselves able to achieve such amazing goals. “Those kind of successes are not meant for everyone—especially not for me.” “I’ll never be that skinny” or “my business couldn’t really grow to that magnitude, could it?” They are constantly professing these thoughts, putting so much negative energy out into the universe that they are defeated before they even begin.
How does one change that? Well, it begins and ends in the mind. If we fail to control what we think and believe, then we will continually fail to achieve. I struggle weekly, sometimes daily about pushing forth in running my online business. I mean, I have a career in a safe job where I have been for over 20 years. It provides a pretty decent income. I mean, by standards, I should be able to live a comfortable life. But, I don’t believe that my calling is to be comfortable.
So, I keep challenging myself. Even when it doesn’t feel good. I’ve made it a practice to schedule three activities each week that make me feel uneasy. And, I mean uneasy in that they push me outside of my comfort zone—making me face my inhibitions head on. The more I do it, the easier it becomes. So, my challenge for you today—schedule an activity on your calendar that makes you feel uncomfortable. Push yourself and just do it. Don’t allow for excuses.
Remember, if you want to walk on water, you must step outside of the boat!
Enjoyed my post??? Click the “Pin It” or “Share” Button Below to Share!!
I clearly recall a period in my life when my health and well-being were adversely impacted by adrenal fatigue. The discovery and understanding of adrenal fatigue is what helped me get healthy and overcome this condition. As my husband always says, “To be aware is to be alive!” So, let’s talk about adrenal fatigue.
Adrenal fatigue is a syndrome that manifests as a result of the adrenal glands not functioning at an optimal level. The adrenal glands are endocrine glands whose purpose is to produce several hormones. These hormones are engaged in a number of key biological functions. Two of these hormones in particular, adrenaline and cortisol, play a key role in reacting to the body’s fight or flight response.
Adrenaline and cortisol are vital in the body’s response to stress—physical, emotional or psychological. They regulate bodily responses that allow you to cope with stress and maintain a level of homeostasis. However, when your body is in a constant level of high-stress, the adrenal glands are not able to maintain the level of homeostasis because they cannot maintain an adequate level of production of these regulatory hormones.
This over-stimulation of the adrenals causes a diminishing effect of its performance, resulting in adrenal fatigue. Although the adrenal glands do continue to function, they don’t perform at a high enough level to counteract the impact the high level of stress is causing on hormone production. Note: The stress can be an intense stressful event (death of a loved one or other crisis) or it can be chronic stresses that continue and have a cumulative impact.
Below are common identifiable signs of adrenal fatigue. Do you commonly feel any of the following conditions?
- I am tired and lethargic for no cause.
- I can barely get up in the morning, even when I am well-rested with an adequate amount of sleep.
- I can barely maintain my energy level during the day.
- I sometimes have a bout of energy in the late evening.
- I have a hard time dealing with physical or emotional stress.
- I feel rundown and have a lack of enthusiasm.
- I crave salty and/or sugary foods.
You cannot look at a person and determine that they have adrenal fatigue. In fact, when I had it, in many regards I operated in a state of “normalness.” However, on the other hand, I was generally “not well”—possessing almost all of the symptoms above. While I offer no medical advice in dealing with adrenal fatigue, I was able to manage mine by dealing with the stressors in my life. If you would like more detailed information on this subject, below are a two resources (none of which substitute seeking professional medical advice):
REMEMBER, as my husband says, “To be aware is to be alive!”
Enjoyed my post??? [button link=”https://bodiedbyaprill.leadpages.co/leadbox/143948b73f72a2%3A15e6be5c8346dc/5705241014042624/” bgcolor=”#ff0090″ textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”medium”]Click Here to Subscribe[/button]
Now click the “Pin It” or “Share” Button Below to Share!!
We hear it all the time. We need to drink more water. We need water to survive. Although we can live for days without food, we cannot survive for a day without water. However, the benefits of water extend far beyond hydration. Let me explain a few reasons why drinking water is a great and inexpensive diet tip.
1. Water helps you eat less. This is pretty basic. When you drink more water, you tend to eat less. Why, because water helps to fill you up. Thus, many recommend drinking a glass of water before consuming any meal. Studies have also shown that it is difficult to distinguish being thirsty and being hungry. A common suggestion is to drink water and wait 20 to 30 minutes to determine if you are truly hungry.
2. Water hydrates without the extra calories. It does not contain fat, cholesterol, calories and is also low in sodium. It will ALWAYS be the better option than your soda or fruit juice.
3. Water helps your metabolism. Drinking plenty of water helps improve the functions of your kidneys and liver. With both of these organs in top shape (through hydration), your body’s ability to metabolize fat is increased, helping your body to lose weight.
4. Water helps keep your skin looking good. Foremost, it’s important to note that the skin is 64% water. When the body is dehydrated, the skin looks dry and wrinkled. Proper hydration can help restore the skin to a healthy state. Although there is no scientific proof that water helps remove wrinkles or other super-natural claims that many share, I am a firm believer that water, partnered with a good moisturizer, help lock in moisture to keep the skin in its best state.
5. Water helps maintain normal bowel function. Sufficient water and fiber is the perfect combination to improve bowel function. Water helps in pumping up the fiber, which acts like a vessel to keep your bowel functions flowing properly.
These are just a few of the many benefits of drinking water. In all, increasing your water intake helps you far beyond just hydration. Water is a great, inexpensive supplement to a healthy lifestyle.
BOTTOM LINE DRINK YOUR WATER!!!!!
Enjoyed my post???
[button link=”https://bodiedbyaprill.leadpages.co/leadbox/143948b73f72a2%3A15e6be5c8346dc/5705241014042624/” bgcolor=”#ff0090″ textcolor=”#ffffff” size=”medium”]
Click Here to Subscribe[/button]
Now click the “Pin It” or “Share” Button Below to Share!!
Interesting linksHere are some interesting links for you! Enjoy your stay :)
- 6 Week Full Body Transformation
- Change Your Mind, Change Your Body
- DeClutter Your Life
- DEFINE YOUR SKINNY®
- Define Your Skinny® Beat the Sweets Protein Treats
- Detox Your Life
- Detox Your Life
- FREE MASTERCLASS
- Freedom Beyond The Scale
- Ignite Your Fire
- Life & Business
- Out of Your Pain, Into Your Purpose
- Schedule Your Call with Aprill
- Strategy Call from Facebook
- Teen Programs
- Unlock Your Potential
- Webinar-Strategy Call with Aprill
- Work with Aprill-Strategy Call